I'm looking for a job!
Unfortunately, I no longer could work since the Covid-19 pandemie. Corona came short before rebooting my own business, so I needed to cancel this. I was always traveling for work, but that was no longer possible since then. I had three short jobs in the last two years, but unfortunately they weren't the right position for me.
I work every day to continue learning and expanding my skills, however I would like to use my skills professionally again.
About my skills:
More then 20 years of experience professionally working as Linux / UNIX system administrator and software developer. Most work was done using open source operating systems and tools.
A list of regularly used software and tools, but I use a lot more stuff for my daily work:*
- Automation / Configuration Management (Ansible, CI/CD, Foreman, Katello, Kubernetes (minikube), Puppet, Satellite, Terraform)*
- BSD / UNIX, but very limited because Linux was always the primary OS (Apple macOS, FreeBSD, HP UX, IBM AIX, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Oracle / Sun Solaris)*
- Databases (MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle, SQL, SQLite)*
- Engineering (Bash, Ksh (The BSD / UNIX Shell), Zsh)*
- Internet (Apache, CSS, HAProxy, HTML, Lighttpd, nginx and many more)*
- Linux (Alma, Alpine, Arch, Artix, Debian, CentOS, Gentoo, OpenWrt, RedHat (RHEL), SuSE (SLES), Ubuntu)*
- Monitoring (Checkmk, Linspector, Nagios, Splunk, Syslog, Zabbix)*
- Tools (Confluence, Git, IntelliJ IDEA, Jira, Netbeans IDE and many more)*
- Virtualization (Docker, NetApp, OpenStack, Qemu, Vagrant, Virtual Machine Manager, VirtualBox, VMware)*
My daily tools are Linux (Alpine & Artix), Python, IntelliJ IDEA / PyCharm, Vim, Shell (Zsh & Bash), Git, Qemu, Docker, Netbeans IDE etc. and I am willing to learn everything needed, but I need to say, I don't like the Windows operating system... ;)
So, what am I looking for?
I am primarily looking for a remote job as a Linux system administrator, but software development is also a great option for me (I love Python! I come from the Python 2 era but are more familiar with Python 3 nowadays).
Keep in mind that I am living in Germany!
If you are interested in more information about me and my skills, just contact me. I could send you a CV and any other information you require.