if you are looking for an experienced Linux system administrator, then you have come to the right place... I'm looking for a job!
I have more then 20 years of experience professionally working as Linux / UNIX system administrator and software developer. Most work was done using open source operating systems and tools.
I, for example, worked for the following companies: AirPlus (Lufthansa), B1 SYSTEMS, EOS.UPTRADE, HABA, Lotto24, Marquard & Bahls (Mabanaft, OIL! and Oiltanking), Phonostar, SAP, T-Systems and many more...
A list of regularly used software and tools, but I use a lot more stuff for my daily work:*
- Automation & Configuration Management (Ansible, CI/CD, Foreman, Katello, Puppet, Satellite, Terraform)
- BSD & UNIX, but very limited because Linux was always the primary used OS.
- Containers & Virtualization (Docker, Kubernetes (minikube), OpenStack, Qemu, Vagrant, Virtual Machine Manager, VirtualBox, VMware etc.)
- Databases (Access, DataGrip, MariaDB, MySQL, ODBC, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL, SQLite)
- Engineering (Bash, Ksh, SSH and Zsh)
- Linux (Adelie, Alma, Alpine, Arch, Artix, Debian, CentOS, Gentoo, OpenWrt, Red Hat (Fedora / RHEL), SuSE (SEL / SLES), Ubuntu and some more distributions...)
- Monitoring (Checkmk, Linspector, Nagios, Syslog, Zabbix)
- Networking (iptables, Routing (basics), TCP/IP (basics))
- Security (auditd, SELinux (basics), SIEM, Splunk)
- Storage (NetApp, NFS, Samba/SMB)
- Tools (Confluence, Jira, Office, Outlook, Teams, Zoom and many more...)
- Web (Apache, CSS, HAProxy, HTML, Lighttpd, nginx etc.)
My daily tools: Linux (Alpine and Artix), Python, IntelliJ IDEA / PyCharm, Vim, Shell (Bash and Zsh), Git, Qemu, Docker, Netbeans IDE...
So, what am I looking for?
I am primarily looking for a remote job as a Linux system administrator, but software development is a great option to me too.
If you are interested in more information about me and my skills, take a look at the about page, the answers page or just contact me. I can send you a CV and will try to answer your questions or give you all other information you may want to know.
Keep in mind, I am living in North Frisia / Germany!